[Dovecot] domain variable still empty

Andre Rodier andre.rodier at red2.co.uk
Mon Apr 11 08:11:08 EEST 2011

 On Mon, 11 Apr 2011 00:35:33 +0300, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 11.4.2011, at 0.19, Andre Rodier wrote:
>
>> What surprise me is this line during the authentication:
>> ===> auth(arodier at red2team,10.10.2.19): username changed
>> arodier at red2team -> arodier
>
> That means that the username gets changed from %n = arodier and %d =
> redteam2 to %n = arorier and %d = empty. So I don't understand why %d
> would ever be anything else than empty.
>
> Anyway, http://wiki2.dovecot.org/DomainLost

 Thanks Timo,

 it was what I thought. However, even if I know know the cause, it
 doesn't help me too much to do what I want.

 In the link provided, none of the reason is applied in my settings.

 - My auth_username_format is set to the full username+domain, event
 empty, it's dropped.
 - I use LDAP, not SQL, so I don't know how to return the domain from my
 query.

 The question is now, how can I return both the username and the domain
 from LDAP, please ? Once I have the answer, I can add the information to
 the wiki page.

 However, it seems I can use this method, specified on this page:
 http://wiki.dovecot.org/AuthDatabase/LDAP/Userdb:

> You can add static fields that aren't looked up from LDAP
> (v1.1.rc5+).
> For example create a "mail" field with value "/var/vmail/%d/%n":
> user_attrs = \
>   quotaBytes=quota_rule=*:bytes=%$, \
>   =mail=/var/vmail/%d/%n

 It is exactly what I want to do. But once I have created a "mail"
 field, how can I access this field from the main dovecot configuration
 file, please ?

 Thanks for your answer and your patience.

 Once I have finished to setup my environment, I'll publish a document
 to help others.

 Kind regards,
--
 Andre Rodier