[Dovecot] dovecot & OCFS2 Cluster

Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo nebano at gmail.com
Mon Apr 25 20:02:41 EEST 2011

hi all

We have an ocfs2 cluster compose of 4 Debian lenny serveurs wich have
access to an ISCSI LUN we have create a partition on this Lun and
formated this partition as OCFS2.
2 serveurs does mail delivery (SMTP) and the two other are pop/imap
servers. The smtp servers use dovecot LDA to deliver to mailboxes. La
version de dovecot is 1.2.13, ldirectord balance conexion to the
servers(pop/pops/imap/imaps to the two imap/pop serveurs) (smtp to the
two smtp servers).

this is a part of my  dovecot.conf

mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%u/Maildir
mail_access_groups = mail
first_valid_uid = 5000
last_valid_uid = 5000
mail_max_userip_connections = 100
maildir_copy_with_hardlinks = yes
disable_plaintext_auth = no
dotlock_use_excl=yes
mmap_disable = yes
protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s managesieve
protocol imap {
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
  imap_client_workarounds = outlook-idle delay-newmail
}
protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugins = quota
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}
protocol lda {
  mail_plugins = quota sieve
  log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
  info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot-deliver.log
}
protocol managesieve {
  managesieve_implementation_string = dovecot
 }
auth default {
mechanisms = plain login
  passdb sql {
    args = /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
  }
 userdb prefetch {
  }
  userdb sql {
    args = /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
  }
    user = nobody
  socket listen {
    master {
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode = 0660
      user = vmail
      group = mail
    }
    client {
      path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode = 0660
      user = postfix
      group = mail
}

We are having severals  problems from "cpu stuck for 61 seconds"   to
"too many connexion".

I wonder if there is a configuation type of dovecot when using ocfs2.
In tje dovecot site they give advices about how to configure dovecot
when using NFS, but not about OCFS2.
Somme people say that lda shuld not be used.
Any help please?

Thanks
nebano