[Dovecot] dovecot & OCFS2 Cluster

Osvaldo Alvarez Pozo nebano at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 02:27:57 EEST 2011

Hi all

I decided to upgrade to 2.0 i compiled dovecot with ssl and mysql, but
i have problems with lmtp configuration.
this is the error.

pr 27 01:04:36 debian dovecot: auth: Fatal:
net_connect_unix(auth-worker) in directory
/usr/local/dovecot/var/run/dovecot failed: Permission denied
(euid=65534(nobody) egid=65534(nogroup) missing +r perm: auth-worker,
euid is not dir owner)
Apr 27 01:04:36 debian dovecot: lmtp(25961): Error: userdb
lookup(user at exemple.org): Disconnected unexpectedly
Apr 27 01:04:36 debian dovecot: master: Error: service(auth): command
startup failed, throttling

dovecot.conf
auth_mechanisms = plain login
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_uid = 5000
last_valid_uid = 5000
mail_access_groups = mail
mail_location = maildir:/var/vmail/%d/%u/Maildir
ssl = no

passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  quota = maildir:User quota
}
protocols = imap pop3 lmtp
service auth {
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    group = mail
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
    group = mail
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  user = nobody
}
service lmtp {
        unix_listener /var/spool/postfix/private/dovecot-lmtp {
        group = postfix
        mode = 0660
        user = postfix
        }
}

userdb {
  driver = prefetch
}
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/sql.conf
  driver = sql
}
protocol imap {
  imap_client_workarounds = delay-newmail
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}
protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugins = quota
  pop3_client_workarounds = outlook-no-nuls oe-ns-eoh
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

!include conf.d/*.conf

20-lmtp.conf

protocol lmtp {
  # Space separated list of plugins to load (default is global mail_plugins).
  #mail_plugins = $mail_plugins
postmaster_address = admin at exemple.org
}

I think is a permisson problem, in the conf i set  group = mail  mode
= 0660 user = vmail i should not have problems, rigth?

Thanks you all