[Dovecot] Dovecot Folder Creation Problem

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Apr 29 16:01:23 EEST 2011

Am 29.04.2011 12:26, schrieb Ceyhun Ganioglu:
> Hi Robert,
>
> Many thanks for your reply. I realized that the title of my email was not
> explaining my exact problem. My problem is not the creation of the folders.
> I am happy with the folders created by RoundCube. I am confused why Outlook
> can't write to the Sent Items folder. Logically Outlook, TB or any other
> email client must have permission to write the sent mails to the chosen sent
> mail folder on an IMAP server without any problems. Am I wrong?
>
> Thanks
> Ceyhun

dont top post

configure outlook to use a imap folder i.e for sent
depends on outlook version
i cant remember if its allready possible with 2007 ( google says its
working )
for sure it works with 2010, before versions you need some macic with
the rules wizard

look here for pictured setup

http://support.neteasy.us/how-to/email/troubleshooting/set-up-outlook-to-use-imap-sent-folder-instead-of-local-sent-items-folder

--