[Dovecot] namespaces and noselect

Kyle Wheeler kyle-dovecot at memoryhole.net
Tue Jan 4 18:08:13 EET 2011

On Tuesday, January  4 at 12:14 PM, quoth Timo Sirainen:
> On Thu, 2010-12-30 at 08:33 -0700, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
>
>> I'm using Dovecot 2.0.6. Here's the output of dovecot -n:
> ..
>> 2 LIST "" "INBOX"
>> * LIST (\HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
>> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "/" "INBOX"
>> 2 OK List completed.
>
> I remember fixing something related to this. Also I couldn't reproduce
> this with your config and latest hg version. Maybe it's already fixed in
> v2.0.8.

I just upgraded to v2.0.8 and was able to reproduce the problem. :(

I don't see anything in the hg changelog summaries since 2.0.8 was
released that suggest something related to this... hrm.

If it helps understand the problem, here's a slightly different
example of the problem:

> 2 LIST "" "%"
> * LIST (\HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Trash"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "Sent"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "addressbook"
> * LIST (\HasNoChildren) "." "remote_pinerc"
> * LIST (\Noselect \HasChildren) "." "INBOX"
> 2 OK List completed.

The fact that it repeated INBOX *after* giving all the mailboxes in
the first namespace suggested to me that it was the second namespace
that is (for some reason) generating this unselectable INBOX.

Is there anything else I can provide you with to help reproduce it?

~Kyle
--
To brand a book as unsuitable is an important step toward making it
required reading.