[Dovecot] dovecotpw missing (2.0.8)

Kristina Clair kclair at pickledradish.com
Tue Jan 4 19:43:16 EET 2011

Hello,

I just installed dovecot version 2.0.8 from the source tarball. After doing
./configure, make, and make install, I don't have the dovecotpw binary
anywhere.  It is not in /usr/local/bin or /usr/local/sbin where the other
binaries are; I also did a find / for it and don't see it.

Is there some configuration flag I'm missing? I read the flags in
./configure --help and nothing seems obviously applicable to me.  Is there
a cryptography library I could be missing? I have the libs installed for
crypt, md5, etc.

Thanks,
Kristina