[Dovecot] dovecot v1.2.15 - Unknown dict module: quota - Fatal: Quota root storage=200000 proxy init [postfix, dovecot LDA, postfixadmin, mysql]

J4 junk4 at klunky.co.uk
Wed Jan 5 17:08:16 EET 2011

On 01/05/2011 02:26 PM, J4 wrote:
> On 01/05/2011 01:36 PM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>> On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 21:07 +0100, JKL wrote:
>>> plugin:
>>>   quota: dict:storage=200000 proxy::quota
>>>   quota: dict:storage=200000 proxy::quota:w
>>> dict:
>>>   quota: mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
>> Are you sure you want to use dict quota? Maildir++ quota would be
>> simpler.
>>
>> Anyway, the plugin { quota } lines are wrong (and there should be only
>> one of them). Use:
>>
>> plugin {
>>   quota = dict:user::proxy::quota
>> }
>>
> Hi Timo,
>
> Many thanks for getting back to me.
>
> *** quota
> Thank-you.  The error has now gone, and it generated a new one:D
>
>     Dictionary URI is missing ':': quota
>
> I am quite happy to use Maildir++ quota, so long as it'll work with
> postfixadmin.
The postfixadmin DOVECOT.txt guide instructs me to add these:-

dovecot.conf:
dict {
   quota = mysql:/etc/dovecot/dovecot-dict-quota.conf
}

The dovecot-dict-quota.conf file contains:
driver = mysql
connect = host=localhost dbname=xxxx user=xxxxx password=xxxxx
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT
table = quota
select_field = current
where_field = path
username_field = username

It also instructs me to add this into the dovecot.conf, but adding it
causes dovecot to fatal.
## IMAP quota
protocol imap {