[Dovecot] Dovecot 2.0.13 and sieve

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Wed Jun 15 00:01:16 EEST 2011

Op 14-6-2011 10:06, Claudio Prono schreef:
> Hello all,
>
> I am testing Dovecot 2.0.13, with sieve for the vacation.
>
> I have some problems with the :regex as i can see...
>
> An example:
<snip/>

I didn't know Horde Ingo produces such horribly ugly Sieve code; the
header checks are unnecessary and the regexes are highly convolved and
should probably be substituted with a `date' test.

<snip/>
> No vacation is performed.....
>
> Then, if i modify the script commenting all the regex for the date, the
> result is the following:
<snip/>

> But the date is right:
>
> date
> Fri Jun 10 17:22:14 CEST 2011
>
> So, what is wrong? Any help is well accepted, that script with dovecot
> 1.x is working correctly.... So, what is changed in dovecot 2.0 sieve?

I'm currently on vacation and I can't quite get my head around these
regexes. The best thing you can do now is debug it in more detail by
using the sieve-test trace debugging features (using -t and -T options),
as documented in the man page. This way, you can see what is matched how
and which actions are performed. Then, you can narrow it down to one
specific failing test.

Regards,

Stephan.