[Dovecot] Per IP ssl certificates

Bill Cole dovecot-20061108 at billmail.scconsult.com
Tue Jun 28 00:34:57 EEST 2011

Simone Caruso wrote, On 6/27/11 4:34 PM:
> I have to manage 2 different domains, with 1 ssl certificate each, but I don't
> know how to configure them.
>
> I tried this example:
> "Different certificates per IP and protocol"
> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration
>
> but I got this error:
> doveconf: Fatal: Error in configuration file /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf: ssl
> enabled, but ssl_cert not set
>
> I dont find any documentation about the 'local' keyword too.
>
> Any idea or tip?

Do you expect other people to be psychic?

I know what your problem is: your configuration is incorrect. Because you
haven't shown *ANYTHING* specific about your actual configuration, there is
an infinite number of ways that your configuration might be incorrect.

My completely wild guess is that you did not read
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/SSL/DovecotConfiguration very carefully. It
specifically warns that the error message you cite will result from not
setting a default cert for the server.