[Dovecot] IMAP push

Marc Patermann hans.moser at ofd-z.niedersachsen.de
Fri May 6 14:11:09 EEST 2011

Hi,

Dennis Guhl schrieb am 05.05.2011 12:58 Uhr:
> On Thu, May 05, 2011 at 03:53:29PM +0530, Janantha Marasinghe wrote:
>> Im running dovecot v2 and want to know if it supports IMAP push capabilities.
>
> Dovecot supports IMAP IDLE as in RFC 2177
> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2177).
>
>> I have a few client who has blackberries, iphones and tabs.
>
> Blackberries are using their own proprietary form of push service in
> conjunction a Blackberry Enterprise Server. None the less they are
> able to use IMAP IDLE like iPhones and other smartphones or tablet PCs.
There ist Z-Push, which I haven't tested, yet.
http://z-push.sourceforge.net/soswp/
There is even a session called "Connecting mobile Devices with Z-Push
and Zarafa/Dovecot" at the "Mailserver-Konferenz", Berlin 26th of May.
:)
http://www.heinlein-support.de/mailserver-konferenz/2011/vortrag/mobile-geraete-mit-z-push-und-zarafa-dovecot

Marc