[Dovecot] sieve filters not being invoked

Colin Brace cb at lim.nl
Sun May 8 12:56:17 EEST 2011

Hi all,

Similar to someone who posted here yesterday, I am having trouble getting
sieve filters working.

I have installed pigeonhole. I can create, edit, and save scripts from both
the Thunderbird sieve extension as well as the Roundcube sieve plugin via
managesieve running on port 4190. The .sieve file is properly saved in
~/sieve with a symlink from ~/.dovecot.sieve.

But the filters are not being invoked on incoming mail. I have mail_debug
enabled, but I don't see anything useful in /var/log/dovecot.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

$ dovecot -n
# 2.0.11: /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE amd64  ufs
auth_verbose = yes
base_dir = /var/run/dovecot/
disable_plaintext_auth = no
first_valid_gid = 0
info_log_path = /var/log/dovecot
log_path = /var/log/dovecot
mail_access_groups = mail
mail_debug = yes
mail_location = maildir:/home/colin/vmail/%d/%n
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character
vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags
copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date
passdb {
  args = /usr/local/etc/dovecot-passwd
  driver = passwd-file
}
plugin/sieve = ~/.dovecot.sieve
plugin/sieve_dir = ~/sieve
plugin/sieve_global_dir = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/global/
plugin/sieve_global_path = /var/lib/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve
protocols = imap sieve
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0660
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-master {
    group = mail
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
service imap-login {
  executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
  vsz_limit = 64 M
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
}
service pop3-login {
  executable = /usr/local/libexec/dovecot/imap-login
  vsz_limit = 64 M
}
ssl_cert = </etc/ssl/venus.crt
ssl_key = </etc/ssl/venus.key
userdb {
  driver = passwd
}
userdb {
  args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/home/colin/vmail/%d/%n
  driver = static
}
verbose_proctitle = yes
protocol lda {