[Dovecot] dovecot user lost entire folder

Maarten Bezemer mcbdovecot at robuust.nl
Mon May 9 11:55:49 EEST 2011

Hi,

On Mon, 9 May 2011, Spyros Tsiolis wrote:

> I checked all the hidden files underneath
> maildir:/var/MailRoot/domains/%d/%n/Maildir
> and coudn't find this specific folder.

Checking for specific emails could help.
On the other hand, having backups handy would be nice. That would not only
be helpful if the user simply deleted a folder (instead of a single email,
seen that happen more than once with Outlook users), but it would also
give you an idea of file names which might have accidentally be moved to
another folder.

HTH...

Maarten