[Dovecot] performance problems with IMAPS

Wed May 11 14:02:45 EEST 2011

On 2011-05-10 5:58 PM, Linda Walsh wrote:
> It's gotten worse with TB 3.x though with performance there really
> bogging down my machine in terms of local disk-space consumed. As you
> may be aware, TB3.x ignores the entire premise of IMAP in storing
> messages on the server, trying to make copies of all messages,
> locally.

Please don't blame incorrect/poor configuration practices on the program
itself.

Properly configured, 3.1.x is miles beyond 2.x... but yes, I agree, the
defaults do not play well in a corporate/roaming profile environment.

> With my users running with roaming profiles, this easily adds over
> 1GB of locally cached mail to each profile that needs to be copied to
> and from a server each time a user logs in or out (creating huge lag
> times for login/logout).

Either use redirected folders, or disable the local store and GLODA.

--

Best regards,

Charles