[Dovecot] dovecot proxy with nopassword and postfix sasl

Simone Caruso info at simonecaruso.com
Sat May 14 13:54:58 EEST 2011

Il 13/05/2011 15:07, Franco Rizzo ha scritto:
> Hello thank you for your answer
>
> when I have this user in my passdb file
> franco at ozzir.ch:{plain}password::::::proxy host=xx.xx.xx.xx
> postfix sasl accept only the password => password
>
> When I have this user in my passdb file
> franco at ozzir.ch:::::::nopassword proxy host=xx.xx.xx.xx
> postfix sasl accept any password

And i think this is all normal...
From:
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/PasswordDatabase/ExtraFields/Proxy
I don't think it is allowed behaviour for Postfix to authenticate on a dovecot
proxy.

I think u can solve the issue using the 2nd point of the Proxy tutorial:
"Let Dovecot proxy perform the authentication and login to remote server using
the proxy's master password"
or moving to sql/ldap userbase.

--
Simone Caruso