[Dovecot] Permission lookup failed with imap

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Mon May 16 04:47:25 EEST 2011

Hi all,

I'm still trying to troubleshoot my problem with dovecot-2.0.11 and
creating "mail/mail" directories for a reason unknown to me, so I
enabled mail_debug. It's now printing this:

May 15 21:39:33 mail dovecot: imap(gdadmin): Debug: Namespace : Using
permissions from /home/gdadmin/mail: mode=0755 gid=-1
May 15 21:39:33 mail dovecot: imap(gdadmin): Debug: Namespace :
Permission lookup failed from /home/gdadmin/mail/mail/INBOX.
Trash

That file (INBOX.Trash) does exist at that location and is readable.
It prints that line three times for each of INBOX.Sent, INBOX.Trash,
and INBOX.Drafts.

Also notice that it is creating /home/user/mail/mail. My mail_location
is set to "mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u", so I'm really
confused.

I really hope someone has some ideas!
Thanks so much,
Best,