[Dovecot] integrating procmail

errno errno at cox.net
Thu May 19 00:50:54 EEST 2011

Hello, list members!

I'm new to dovecot, and haven't needed to maintain an email server
instance for quite some time.

I recently got a fairly simple postfix + dovecot installation functional
as needed, however I now need to get procmail filtering incoming
mail, and after reading various docs and wikis, I find that I'm still
having a tough time feeling confident on how best to approach it in
the simplest manner. (this is for a small installation.... 10 email
accounts, max).

Below, I've provide the relevant snippets of my current functional
configuration; how best to integrate procmail into the mix?

/etc/postfix/main.cf:
alias_maps = hash:/etc/mail/aliases
local_recipient_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox, $alias_maps
virtual_transport = dovecot
virtual_mailbox_domains = $mydomain
virtual_mailbox_base = /var/vmail/
virtual_mailbox_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/vmailbox
virtual_minimum_uid = 500
virtual_uid_maps = static:501
virtual_gid_maps = static:501

/etc/postfix/master.cf:
dovecot   unix  -       n       n       -       -       pipe
   flags=DRhu user=vmail:vmail argv=/usr/libexec/dovecot/deliver -f ${sender} -
d ${recipient}

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:
mail_location = maildir:~/Maildir

protocol lda {
  sendmail_path = /usr/sbin/sendmail
}
auth default {
  mechanisms = plain
  passdb passwd-file {
    args = /var/vmail/passwd
  }
  userdb static {
    args = uid=vmail gid=vmail home=/var/vmail/%d/%u
  }
  socket listen {
    master {
      path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
      mode = 0600
      user = vmail
      group = vmail
    }
  }
}

Thankyou for any tips, much appreciated!