[Dovecot] integrating procmail

errno errno at cox.net
Thu May 19 01:20:08 EEST 2011

On Wednesday, May 18, 2011 03:07:44 PM Jerry wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2011 14:50:54 -0700
> errno <errno at cox.net> articulated:
> > Below, I've provide the relevant snippets of my current functional
> > configuration; how best to integrate procmail into the mix?
>
> Why procmail? Use sieve instead. It is fully supported in Dovecot
> and IMHO far easier to use.

I hear you, and agree - I was able to determine that sieve was better
supported. Unfortunately, I'm doing this for a client who is rather set
in his ways and already has a largish custom procmail filter he
wants/needs to use. For me to tell him, "no we need to use sieve
instead", he will see that as a failure on my part; and/or will request
that I install and configure a different combination of software that will
facilitate his familiar territory of procmail.

Seeing as I already have postfix and dovecot functioning, I'd rather
just get procmail in there and be done with it; is this possible?

Thankyou!