[Dovecot] Migrate to new server without raw copy

Daniel L. Miller dmiller at amfes.com
Fri May 20 00:43:46 EEST 2011

I've setup a new virtual machine to run my mail servers.  Dovecot is
installed and talking with the LDAP server for the user list.  Now the
question is how to migrate the data from the old Dovecot to the new.

The data is stored in mdbox, with some possible corruption.
Accordingly, any form of simple file copy is not the answer - I need the
messages to be processed by something and then stored fresh on the new
server.  I do have NFS access both ways if that does anything.

I tried imapsync - but it quickly broke on some of the messages.  Is
dsync the answer?  Or do I use a MUA and drag-n-drop the messages a
batch at a time between the servers?
--
Daniel