[Dovecot] How to stop mail_executable from cwd to ~home

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Tue May 24 00:48:39 EEST 2011

Timo wrote:

>> As to how to stop the mail process from chdir'ing to a home directory
>
> If you don't want Dovecot to use a home directory, don't tell it a home directory.

I'm all for that since I don't seem to have any need for a home directory.
Any idea of how to do it with a passwd-file userdb backend?  I also
tried to override home directory with

 	userdb {
 		driver = passwd-file
 		args = /etc/passwd home=/bundled/home/$n
 	}

but that didn't work out too well.  Or is this feature a rephrasing of
the current topic thread "Global fields for passwd-file database".

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>