[Dovecot] v1.1.20 vs v1.2 & v2.0

Stan Hoeppner stan at hardwarefreak.com
Wed May 25 18:54:19 EEST 2011

On 5/25/2011 8:39 AM, Adam wrote:

> Adam wrote:
>> I am currently running v1.1.20 and was wondering if there is any
>> compelling reason to upgrade to v1.2 or v2.0?

There have been a large number of bug fixes between 1.1.20 and 1.2.17.
If you are a distro package user, I recommend, at minimum, upgrading to
the latest 1.2.x version you can get.  If later down the road you need
some of the advanced features of 2.x, such as director or mdbox, you'll
be in a little bit better position to upgrade to 2.x, though you
certainly can upgrade straight to 2.x at this time if you wish.
Carefully read the upgrade procedures beforehand.

--
Stan