[Dovecot] unexpected subfolder locaton in Maildir/.INBOX.subfolder

Steven Jones Steven.Jones at vuw.ac.nz
Fri May 27 03:35:49 EEST 2011

Hi,

I dont know if this will help but,  When I upgraded from Debain 5.0 to 6.0 I had to specify the mail directory explicitly, it then all worked fine.

so in the dovecot.conf there is this line,

"mail_location = mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/mail/%u"

I took the # out and restarted Dovecot and it was happy.

regards