[Dovecot] OT: DNS-Problem with Mailnglist-Server

Hanns Mattes hanns at hannsmattes.de
Mon May 30 16:47:06 EEST 2011

Am 30.05.2011 15:12, schrieb Tom Hendrikx:
> On 30/05/11 15:00, Hanns Mattes wrote:
>> Am 30.05.2011 14:11, schrieb Henrik Larsson:
>>> If your are checking for reverse hostname and won't accept e-mails if
>>> this is not present you will reject a lot of legitimate mail.
>>
>> No problem here, using the Postfix-restriction
>> reject_unknown_reverse_client_hostname
>>

> I just saw a complaint regarding some possible DNS issue on someone's
> mail server. The person who was asking around, had some issue with not
> receiving e-mails from a valid mailing list that he was subscribed to.
>
> His name looked just like yours :)

:-)

Nevertheless: There WAS a DNS-Issue on someone's mail server. And
I'won't give up one of my most effective Anti-Spam measures, because an
ISP ist slow in adding a reverse DNS.

Yes, there is as risk of false positives, if you try to block spam
(though in this case, it is no false positive at all), but what is the
alternative? Stop blocking Spam? I don't think so.

Regards Hanns