[Dovecot] 2.1.3: Overly lax FETCH parsing

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Apr 9 09:54:11 EEST 2012

On 5.4.2012, at 21.59, Michael M Slusarz wrote:

> While useful that Dovecot is more liberal about what it receives, 3501 seems pretty clear that incorrect FETCH parameters must return a BAD.  I can verify that the above commands fail on Cyrus.

It's a SHOULD, not a MUST:

   Servers SHOULD enforce the syntax outlined in this specification
   strictly.  Any client command with a protocol syntax error, including
   (but not limited to) missing or extraneous spaces or arguments,
   SHOULD be rejected, and the client given a BAD server completion
   response.

But since it's not much trouble to fix it: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/19e09ab09383