[Dovecot] vacation plugins for squirrelmail

Daminto Lie dlie76 at yahoo.com.au
Tue Apr 17 05:31:56 EEST 2012

Thank you folks for your replies.

I realised that the dovecot 1.2.9 that I installed via ubuntu synaptic package manager has already come with sieve plugins. After making some modifications on the dovecot.conf file, I went to download and install avelsieve 1.0.1 (stable version) onto the squirrelmail. Then, I run in squirrelmail conf.pl and added the plugin. I logged in and could see "Filter" option right on the top header row. I went to click it and nothing came up. I checked in the mail.log but did not see any errors there.

Here is my snapshot of dovecot configuration
# 1.2.9: /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-40-generic-pae i686 Ubuntu 10.04.4 LTS ext4
log_timestamp: %Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S
protocols: imap
listen: *:143
ssl:
 no
disable_plaintext_auth: no
login_dir: /var/run/dovecot/login
login_executable: /usr/lib/dovecot/imap-login
verbose_proctitle: yes
first_valid_uid: 1001
last_valid_uid: 600
mail_privileged_group: mail
mail_location: maildir:/var/vmail/%u/Maildir
mbox_write_locks: fcntl dotlock
imap_client_workarounds: outlook-idle delay-newmail netscape-eoh tb-extra-mailbox-sep
lda:
  postmaster_address: postmaster at ourcompany.com
  mail_plugins: sieve
  quota_full_tempfail: yes
  deliver_log_format: msgid=%m: %$
  sendmail_path: /usr/lib/sendmail
  rejection_reason: Your message to <%t> was automatically rejected:%n%r
  auth_socket_path: /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
auth default:
  mechanisms: plain login
  username_format: %Lu
  verbose: yes
  debug: yes
  debug_passwords: yes
  passdb:
    driver:
 pam
  passdb:
    driver: ldap
    args: /etc/dovecot/dovecot-ldap.conf
  userdb:
    driver: passwd
  userdb:
    driver: static
    args: uid=1001 gid=1001 home=/var/vmail/%u allow_all_users=yes
  socket:
    type: listen
    client:
      path: /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
      mode: 432
      user: postfix
      group: mail
    master:
      path: /var/run/dovecot-auth-master
      mode: 432
      user: vmail
      group: vmail
plugin:
  sieve: /var/vmail/%u/.sieve

Also, I have restarted dovecot after making changes to the dovecot.conf.

Thank you