[Dovecot] migrate 15K users to new domain name

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Thu Apr 19 17:59:39 EEST 2012

On 19.4.2012, at 17.19, Jan-Frode Myklebust wrote:

> 	mail_home = /srv/mailstore/%256LRHu/%Ld/%Ln
>
> If I could figure out what the %256LRHu hash is, mv would probably be a
> very good solution..

With v2.1.4 you could do something like:

doveadm -c dummy.conf user -m user at domain

where dummy.conf contains the minimum configuration needed:

mail_home = /srv/mailstore/%256LRHu/%Ld/%Ln
ssl = no

It still does a userdb lookup though, so either the user at domain needs to exist in userdb or you need to create a separate dummy Dovecot installation using userdb static that the dummy.conf uses.