[Dovecot] Copying mailbox from one mailserver to another?

Robert Schetterer rs at sys4.de
Mon Dec 10 10:21:10 EET 2012

Am 10.12.2012 08:37, schrieb Spyros Tsiolis:
>> I see there is a tool called dsync that can do this but what are the cons of
>> using dsync compared to just package the mailbox using tar and then
>> untar the mailbox on the new server?
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> BTJ
>

>  Ditto !
>
> still interested on this too :-)
>
> Are there any related pages on the dovecot wiki ?
>
> s.
>

> ----
> "I merely function as a channel that filters
> music through the chaos of noise"
> - Vangelis

diff tools are not good to compare by general, it depends
from where to where with what reason you use them

so there i.e is
imapsync , dsync, rsync etc

as name says imapsync does its job over pure imap
i.e good for migration from i.e other imap servers to dove

dsync for backup and/or migration from dove to dove i.e with changing
i.e mailbox format

rsync is a file sync util,

if you like to see compare tools in different sceanrios in the wiki
youre free to write it at youre own

Best Regards
MfG Robert Schetterer

--