[Dovecot] mail_log_events seem to be broken in HG 2.2

Thomas Leuxner tlx at leuxner.net
Wed Dec 19 23:59:51 EET 2012

Am 18.12.2012 um 21:35 schrieb Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On Sun, 2012-12-16 at 10:17 +0100, Thomas Leuxner wrote:
>> It seems along the way of 2.2alpha1 'mail_log_events' quietly stopped working. They don't log expunges etc. anymore.
>>
>> […]
>> mail_log_events = expunge mailbox_delete
>
> Dunno. Latest hg works with my test:
>
> mail_plugins = " notify mail_log"
> plugin {
>  mail_log_events = expunge mailbox_delete
>  mail_log_fields = uid box msgid size
> }

Right. Have 'notify' and 'mail_log' been added recently? I wasn't aware they are required - nor did I see them in the notes/config skeletons.

Adding both of them seems to have fixed:

Dec 19 22:55:04 spectre dovecot: imap(tlx at leuxner.net): expunge: box=Trash, uid=47601, msgid=<27339106.8748641355654225635.JavaMail.em-build at massmail-sender-eu-1b-i-705e3..., size=9111

Regards
Thomas