[Dovecot] Vacation via database

Robert Schetterer robert at schetterer.org
Fri Feb 3 20:32:12 EET 2012

Am 03.02.2012 17:41, schrieb Gedalya:
> On 02/03/2012 10:27 AM, Ralf Hildebrandt wrote:
>> * list at airstreamcomm.net<list at airstreamcomm.net>:
>>> We are moving our inbound mail to use dovecot LMTP in the near future
>>> and
>>> we are looking for suggestions on how to implement a mysql based
>>> vacation
>>> system.  If anyone has experience with this, good or bad please let us
>>> know.
>> Why not use sieve?
>>
> I am facing a similar issue. It looks like sieve can't fetch data from a
> database, and dovecot can't fetch sieve scripts from a database. It
> would be useful to have, perhaps, only a global sieve script be able to
> query a DB, and it would be very useful to allow dovecot to fetch sieve
> scripts (actual scripts, not a file path) from a database. Any way to do
> this?

sieve with database is on roadmap,as it was discussed before ,as far i
remember

info

http://wiki.dovecot.org/ManageSieve
http://pigeonhole.dovecot.org/

anyway it seems there is a lot to do left
http://hg.rename-it.nl/dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole/raw-file/tip/TODO
so sql support might have to wait

but snip
----
* ## MAKE A FOURTH MAIN RELEASE (0.4.x) ##

* Implement extlists extension as a plugin
* Enotify extension: detect use of variable values extracted from the
message
  that are used in the method argument. RFC reports this as a security
issue.
* Make the sieve storage a base class with (possibly) various
implementations,
  just like mail-storage. This aims to provide support for alternate types
  of script storage like LDAP or SQL database.
---

looks its on the way
--
Best Regards