[Dovecot] ENVELOPE mishandling of Subject lines with quote(s)?

Michael M Slusarz slusarz at curecanti.org
Tue Feb 7 00:14:27 EET 2012

Quoting Timo Sirainen <tss at iki.fi>:

> On 6.2.2012, at 22.55, Timo Sirainen wrote:
>
>> Maybe I should add some evil setting to Dovecot where it would use
>> literals everywhere it can, or perhaps randomly send
>> atoms/strings/literals. :)
>
> BTW. If anyone wants to try, the attached patch makes Dovecot return
> (almost) all possible fields as literals. You'll need to delete
> dovecot.index.cache files to get the full effect.

Very useful.  Turns out the only thing I wasn't handling correctly was
the MIME types/subtypes in BODYSTRUCTURE.

This is a great tool for debugging client code.  Not sure the
difficulty to add as a config (or even a hidden config).  Being able
to easily turn on/off would increase my usage of the tool.

michael