[Dovecot] Dovecot v2.2 plans

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Mon Feb 13 18:11:33 EET 2012

On 13.2.2012, at 17.35, forumer at smartmobili.com wrote:

> Is there any plan to port dovecot to windows ?

It probably works via Cygwin (although I think Cygwin has to do some kind of POSIX filesystem emulation, which slows things down and might cause some trouble if server crashes).

Actually we have discussed this a little within my company.. I'm personally not interested in spending much time on it, but that's why we're hiring more coders so I won't have to do everything. :) If there is enough commercial interest, we might build something better than using Cygwin. Anyway, one thing is certain: No Dovecot for Windows questions in this mailing list. Perhaps I'll create another dovecot-windows@ mailing list. Perhaps I'll even give it a different name (dovedows? wincot? glassdove?)