[Dovecot] domain quota in sql

Timo Sirainen tss at iki.fi
Wed Feb 15 03:54:01 EET 2012

On 14.2.2012, at 23.29, Adam Szpakowski wrote:

> Hi,
> I have a problem with setting up quota usage tracking for domains.
> Problem is, that domain quota is always based on only one user in domain, the last one on whom behalf any operation was performed.
> To recreate this situation, one has only to perform:
> doveadm quota recalc -u USER
> on a user, and the domain quota takes the value of this user quota.
>
> Have anyone a clue what could cause this problem?

Domain-quota support in Dovecot is only partial. Recalculating domain quota would require more code. Last time when someone asked about this I wasn't even sure how it could be implemented, but nowadays it actually would be possible to do with:

 - set domain's quota to 0
 - iterate *@domain users via userdb
 - for each user get the user's quota and add it to domain quota