[Dovecot] Failing: doveadm sync <--remote host--> dsync mirror

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Sun Feb 19 23:14:21 EET 2012

Hi --

On 18.02.2012, at 19:26, Michael Grimm wrote:

> Today, I did upgrade one server to 2.1, and doveadm sync is throwing to following error:
>
> mail> doveadm sync -f -u test ssh vmail at remote-host.tld dsync -v -f -u test
> doveadm(test): Fatal: All your namespaces have a location setting. It should be empty (default mail_location) in the namespace to be converted.
[...]
> Do I have to upgrade both servers to get syncing running?

JFTR:

1) Upgrading both servers ends up in identical error messages.
2) After some investigation I came across a hidden upgrade info in [1],
   but 'doveadm dsync-server' doesn't run either :-(

I'm stuck, thus I did upgrade to 2.0.18 instead ...

Regards,
Michael

[1] http://dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2012-January/062933.html