[Dovecot] 2.1 upgrade docs?

Juan C. Blanco jcblanco at fi.upm.es
Mon Feb 20 18:43:18 EET 2012

On 20/02/2012 17:11, Michal Hlavinka wrote:
> On 02/17/2012 06:17 PM, e-frog wrote:
>> On 17.02.2012 18:09, wrote Marc Perkel:
>>> Just wondering if there's any upgrade docs for 2.1 online?
>>
>> http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.1
>>

> I know about one Fedora user who had to also change:
> namespace {
> inbox=yes
> }
>
> to namespace inbox { ....
>
> and also in sieve (for pigeonhole):
> change
> include :personal "00-script1.sieve";
> include :personal "00-script1";
>
> (I did not test dovecot 2.1, I still have 2.0.x on my server)

I'm just migrating one of our servers to 2.1 and noticed a possible
configuration problem that I've missed to detect with the RCs.

You ca have a quota problema if you have a per-user quota based on an
ldap attribute and if your configuration file dovecot-ldap.conf.ext uses
an old format; if the user attributes line looks like

user_attrs=....,ldap-attribute=quota_rule=*:storage

that worked fine on version 2.0, will cause an unlimited quota for the
user in version 2.1, you must adjust your configuration to look like

user_attrs=....,ldap-attribute=quota_rule=*:storage=%$

as advised in the dovecot wiki
http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Quota/Configuration#LDAP

Regards
Juan C. Blanco