[Dovecot] dsync, hard-links and refcounts

Christoph Bußenius busseniu at in.tum.de
Tue Feb 21 12:23:03 EET 2012

Hi,

On 15.02.2012 04:46, Timo Sirainen wrote:

> It worked when the GUID already existed somewhere in destination, but not if it was added only during the same session. The attached patch fixes it. I'll commit it to v2.1 hg after I'll release v2.1.0..

sorry to bother you again, but I think there is a problem with this patch:

If a maildir contains several copies of the same message all in the same
folder, dsync will not deduplicate them.

While IMAP cannot directly create copies of a message in the same
folder, it does still happen if you copy (or move) a message back and
forth between two folders.

Cheers,
Christoph

--
Christoph Bußenius
Rechnerbetriebsgruppe der Fakultäten Informatik und Mathematik