[Dovecot] Failing: doveadm sync <--remote host--> dsync mirror

Michael Grimm trashcan at odo.in-berlin.de
Tue Feb 21 23:48:37 EET 2012

Hi --

On 21.02.2012, at 21:52, Timo Sirainen wrote:

>>> Fixed: http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/488fe9d417eb
>>
>> Hmm, now I cannot connect clients any longer:
>>
>> dovecot: imap(test): Error: user test: Initialization failed: mail_location not set and autodetection failed: Mail storage autodetection failed with home=/var/mail/.homedirs/test
>
> Sorry, that part of the code is a bit weird. http://hg.dovecot.org/dovecot-2.1/rev/3007994141b6 is another attempt at this.

Thanks, that omits the first and second error, and I believe that you solved this issue.

Now, I can run my old command as used for 2.0.x and ...

	vmail> dsync -v -f -u test mirror ssh vmail at remote-host.tld dsync -v -f -u test

... a "newer" call like ...

	vmail> doveadm sync -f -u test ssh vmail at remote-host.tld dsync -v -f -u test

... without complaining about namespaces as listed above.

But, now I do end with a message like ...

	vmail> dsync -v -f -u test mirror ssh vmail at remote-host.tld dsync -v -f -u test
	dsync-local(test): Error: read() from worker server failed: EOF

... irrespectively if I use the old "dsync" or the new "doveadm sync".

Ok, this is still a mixed 2.0.18 <--remote host--> 2.1.0 setup, but as long I didn't get your http://wiki2.dovecot.org/Upgrading/2.1 wrong, it *should* work that way.

Weird. I must have missed something. I'll back to 2.0.18 for the time being. Any hints are highly welcome ...

Thanks for your efforts, and thanks for dovecot!

Regards,
Michael