[Dovecot] duplicates with multiple To/CC and sieve redirect copy

Adam Szpakowski as at 3a.pl
Thu Feb 23 17:37:46 EET 2012

On 23.02.2012 02:15, Stephan Bosch wrote:
> On 2/22/2012 12:15 AM, Adam Szpakowski wrote:
>> Maybe there is a way to use a procmail with something like this:
>>
>> :0 Wh: msgid.lock
>> | formail -D 8192 .msgid.cache
>>
>> But is there a safe way to use it together with sieve? Using
>> Pigeonhole Sieve Pipe Plugin?
>>
> There are a few options:
>
> * You can use Procmail as primary delivery agent and invoke
> dovecot-lda/sieve from within Procmail once Procmail has determined
> that it is not a duplicate.

This is great option but if I understand correctly not when Postfix is
using LMTP to talk to Dovecot. In this client of mine, the Postfix (MDA)
and Dovecot (MAA) are in different physical locations and LMTP is
tunnelled via SSH.

> * I've just created an alternative that implements something similar
> to the Procmail code you posted above, but from within Sieve itself.
[cut]

Great extension. I'll try and use it on one of the servers as soon as
possible. Thanks for the work.

BTW...
There is another solution to my problem, which ends up to be implemented
in this case.
I'm using Postfix to BCC all mails on the domain level to the "archive"
account. In this account I've set up all the logic which ends calling
"redirect :copy".
This solution eliminates copies from multiple To/CC.

--
Adam Szpakowski