[Dovecot] IMAP-proxy or not with sogo webmail and dovecot backend

Ed W lists at wildgooses.com
Fri Feb 24 01:41:37 EET 2012

On 22/02/2012 23:56, Ed W wrote:
> I think it has potential though.  I think a lot of the current plugins
> on the website could easily be rewritten, likely without performance
> concerns, using a scripting based plugin system.  I could see that
> some other big picture pieces could potentially benefit also

One interesting test case for such a scripting hooks solution might be
login restrictions.  There seem to be regular requests for the ability
to setup arbitrarily complicated restrictions on users per IP, attempts
per second, etc (and my logging interest is kind of related also).

Not trying to bump the item up any todo lists, just trying to chuck in
some concrete ideas for actually testing a specific implementation...

I guess a substantially more performance orientated area that seems to
get some interest would be various spam, expunge, delete ideas and the
hooks needed for those.  These seem much more tricky to implement a
scripting hook and still stay performant.  Again just ideas for real
things people might want to do?

Cheers

Ed W