[Dovecot] testing fts-solr?

kfx kadafax at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:41:01 EET 2012

On 02/28/2012 03:04 AM, Timo Sirainen wrote:
> On 28.2.2012, at 2.14, Jean-Daniel Beaubien wrote:
>
>> Ok, I had to fix a few things. First of all, I had to declare mail_plugins
>> = fts fts_solr in global file (dovecot.conf). After doing that, running
>> doveadm fts optimize stopped giving me errors.
>>
>> I ran doveadm index -user INBOX (and other folders). I'm assuming this
>> actually did something because java/tomcat6 were really busy for a few mins
>> and I could see the solr logs going nuts (/var/log/tomcat6/catalina.out).
>
> OK, so it's indexing.

Dovecot 2.1.1 and latest solr. Indexing seems ok because the size of the
solr's data directory is growing and log shows things like this:

Feb 28 14:30:45 indexer-worker(username): Info: Indexed 12239 messages
in SubFolder

  but thunderbird returns nothing (it says not match found for "hello"
for example).

I dont know what more can I do to debug this... Solr is working as the
nobody user, is it OK for dovecot ? Does dovecot need to be have write
access to the solr's data directory ?

Thanks