[Dovecot] Errors starting Dovecot

Andre Lopes lopes80andre at gmail.com
Fri Feb 3 15:25:17 EET 2012

Hi,

I'm new to Dovecot. I'm trying to start Dovecot(2.0.9) but I'm getting
an error. I think the error is because I'm doing a tutorial for an old
version of Devcot(1.x.x).

What I get is the following:

[code]
[root at mailserver dovecot]# service dovecot start
Starting Dovecot Imap: doveconf: Warning: NOTE: You can get a new
clean config file with: doveconf -n > dovecot-new.conf
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:1:
protocols=imaps is no longer necessary, remove it
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:1:
protocols=pop3s is no longer necessary, remove it
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:5:
ssl_cert_file has been replaced by ssl_cert = <file
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:6:
ssl_key_file has been replaced by ssl_key = <file
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:8:
namespace private {} has been replaced by namespace { type=private }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:24:
add auth_ prefix to all settings inside auth {} and remove the auth {}
section completely
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:25:
auth_user has been replaced by service auth { user }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:27:
passdb sql {} has been replaced by passdb { driver=sql }
doveconf: Warning: Obsolete setting in /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf:31:
userdb static {} has been replaced by userdb { driver=static }
                                                           [  OK  ]

[/code]

My dovecot.conf have the following:

[code]
protocols = imap imaps pop3 pop3s
log_timestamp = "%Y-%m-%d %H:%M:%S "
mail_location = maildir:/home/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir

ssl_cert_file = /etc/pki/dovecot/certs/dovecot.pem
ssl_key_file = /etc/pki/dovecot/private/dovecot.pem

namespace private {
    separator = .
    prefix = INBOX.
    inbox = yes
}

protocol lda {
    log_path = /home/vmail/dovecot-deliver.log
    auth_socket_path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
    postmaster_address = postmaster at example.com
}

protocol pop3 {
    pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

auth default {
    user = root

    passdb sql {
        args = /etc/dovecot-sql.conf
    }

    userdb static {
        args = uid=5000 gid=5000 home=/home/vmail/%d/%n allow_all_users=yes
    }

    socket listen {
        master {
            path = /var/run/dovecot/auth-master
            mode = 0600
            user = vmail
        }

        client {
            path = /var/spool/postfix/private/auth
            mode = 0660
            user = postfix
            group = postfix
        }
    }
}
[/code]

Any clues on how can I adapt this configuration file to Dovecot 2.0.9?

Best Regards,