[Dovecot] Sieve notify messages

Andreas Muehlemann amuehlem at gmail.com
Sun Feb 5 17:00:34 EET 2012

Hi All

I'm using dovecot 2.0.16 with the pigeonhole plugin 0.25.

I'm trying to use the notifiy mechanism from sieve to send notifications
when a mail arrives in the mailbox. The message is checked to be a 8bit
message, otherwise it is replaced by the default message "Notification
of new message." How can I create a 8bit message body within the sieve
script that is accepted by the notification process?

e.g.
notify
     :message "Subject: ${subject}"
     "mailto:email at domain.com";

Do I have to put the message body into the :message string? Or how can I
define a custom message body that is accepted by notify?

Best regards
Andreas