[Dovecot] index synchronization during local delivery

Andy YB Hu ybhu at hk1.ibm.com
Tue Feb 14 05:31:54 EET 2012

Hi there,

Now our system will take dovecot as the whole imap back end, and keep the
LDA of ours, But our system has our own UID generation mechanism (in
dovecot it's incremental from 1), which will be done while local delivery,
So when  local deliveries, it will first generate the UID, move the mail
into maildir, then synchronize the mailbox index, which is part of dovecot
LDA does.   The question is what API or something else about index
synchronization I can integrate into our own LDA program easily?   Seems
mailbox_copy() would be the possibility?

Thanks.