[Dovecot] Any possibility of running query after sucessful login?

Jacek Osiecki joshua at hybrid.pl
Thu Feb 16 10:41:52 EET 2012

Hi,

I'm using finally dovecot 2.0 after quite a smooth upgrade from 1.0 :)
with virtual mailboxes stored in sql database.

Sometimes I need to check if a mailbox has been used recently or not.
Checking for logins in dovecot logs sometimes means searching through
gigabytes of info...

I was just wondering if there is any possibility of running another
query after successful login - just to fill some extra field like
"last_login"? So far my only idea is to replace user/password query with
procedure like login(user,password) that would also return a line as
required by user/password query. However, some mysql implementations
(for example, standard php-mysql) can't handle procedures which return
values - so will it work in dovecot?

Or maybe some other ideas how to do that?

Greetings,
--
Jacek Osiecki joshua at ceti.pl GG:3828944
I don't want something I need. I want something I want.