[Dovecot] From Maildir back to smtp

Marc Perkel marc at perkel.com
Thu Feb 23 22:41:51 EET 2012

Not sure how this can be done.

Right now I'm running a free backup MX record service. People point
their high MX records to my servers and if they go down we store the
email. When they come back up it's delivered.

What I want to do is have a premium service that would allow them to
view through IMAP the stored email. In order to do that I would have to
deliver the email locally to a dovecot server - to a single account
perhaps - and they can view/forward/delete etc.

But - when their server comes back online I'd like to gather up all the
delivered email stored in Maildir format and run it back into smtp for
delivery.

Has anyone even done something like this? Or is there an easier way that
I'm missing?

Thanks in advance