[Dovecot] per-user limit?

Michel Bisson michel at linuxint.com
Wed Feb 29 09:53:05 EET 2012

Timo Sirainen <tss <at> iki.fi> writes:

> On Mon, 2012-01-16 at 10:15 +0100, Peter Hessler wrote:
> > I am seeing a problem where users are limited to 6 imap logins total.
> > One of my users has a bunch of phones and computers, and wants them all
> > on at the same time.
> > I'm looking through my configuration, and I cannot see a limit on how
> > many times a single user can connect.  He is connecting from different
> > IPs.
> > Any ideas?  My logs show the following error when they attempt to auth
> > for a 7th time:

Hi, I also get the same problem of the same user getting a password
mismatch error when may devices are tryibg to login to the same IMAP
account at the same time. I didn't check how manylogins triggers this
nasty behavior but noticed that this unwanted feature started right after
I upgraded the the server from Debian Lenny to Squeeze.
If anybody can point me to a hint about how I coukd
change this behavior it woul be very much appreciated.