[Dovecot] Dovecot antispam plugint got an empty message

Tom Hendrikx tom at whyscream.net
Wed Jan 25 18:19:18 EET 2012

On 25-01-12 08:05, Petr Bravenec wrote:
> Few weeks ago I upgraded dovecot from 1.2 to 2.0.16 and antispam plugin to
> 2.0_pre20101222. Since the upgrade I'm not able to move messages to my Junk
> folder. In the maillog I have found this message:
>
> dspam[25060]: empty message (no data received)

Gentoo has included the antispam plugin from Johannes historically, but
added the fork by Eugene to support upgrades to dovecot 2.0. It is not
really made clear by the gentoo ebuild is that the forked plugin needs a
slightly different config.

I use the config below with dovecot 2.0.17 and a git checkout for
dovecot-antispam:

===8<========
plugin {
        antispam_signature = X-DSPAM-Signature
        antispam_signature_missing = move
        antispam_spam_pattern_ignorecase = Junk;Junk.*
        antispam_trash_pattern_ignorecase = Trash;Deleted Items;Deleted
Messages

        # Backend specific
        antispam_backend = dspam
        antispam_dspam_binary = /usr/bin/dspamc
        antispam_dspam_args =
--user;%u;--deliver=;--source=error;--signature=%%s
        antispam_dspam_spam = --class=spam
        antispam_dspam_notspam = --class=innocent
        #antispam_dspam_result_header = X-DSPAM-Result
}

--
Regards,
	Tom