[Dovecot] sieve with dovecot v1.x

Stephan Bosch stephan at rename-it.nl
Sat Jun 2 15:40:18 EEST 2012

On 6/2/2012 2:22 PM, Andreas Meyer wrote:
> Ok, I have done that. How can I know, if sieve now works with dovecot?
> When I login with roundcube, in the settings I have a "Filter-Tab" but
> when I click on it it says "not possible to connect to server" or
> somesuch.

Oh, you didn't mention using RoundCube earlier. That implies the need of
ManageSieve. You'll need to configure the following as well:

http://wiki1.dovecot.org/ManageSieve

Your earlier directory listing indicates that it is not installed on
your system; the managesieve and managesieve-login binaries would be
located there if it were. Check whether that version of opensuse has a
package for dovecot-managesieve or compile it yourself if it is missing.
If that is difficult, the following could be an alternative:

http://www.gitorious.net/pysieved/pages/Home

Regards,

Stephan.