[Dovecot] Can we know when a user read our email?

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Jun 3 12:49:08 EEST 2012

Am 03.06.2012 10:43, schrieb Ed W:
> Please folks - don't argue with me - I'm the wrong person!  The recipient who is receiving these emails, ie the
> person being "bugged" is demanding that they are "buggable".  If they demand it and it's a requirement for
> providing them service then I have to give it to them if I want the business.
>
> The users are on satellite dialup and barely have enough bandwidth to download a few KB of emails, they certainly
> can't trigger web bugs to trigger read receipts.
>
> Look, I can argue against the idea easily, personally my objection is mail loops, but the point is that the
> customer demands it, and at present that prevents me bidding for certain types of business...  Basically the
> customer just wants to repro what they got with Exchange

kiss him goodbye with exchange

what do you expect?
only some idiots are using such "features"

even if you find a opensource solution yiu can imagine how
well tested it would be and how many troubles you will have
after the setup

"if I want the business" -> do you need this business to survive?
if no -> kiss him goodbye, if yes -> i doubt you will not survive