[Dovecot] Can we know when a user read our email?

Sun Jun 3 16:46:15 EEST 2012

On 2012-06-03 4:43 AM, Ed W <lists at wildgooses.com> wrote:
> Look, I can argue against the idea easily, personally my objection is
> mail loops, but the point is that the customer demands it, and at
> present that prevents me bidding for certain types of business...
> Basically the customer just wants to repro what they got with Exchange

Then tell them their only option is to buy Exchange Server and Outlook
for everyone - but explain that this 'feature' *still* will not work for
recipients that are outside of your control (ie, it will only work for
local recipients - and I *think* it is possible to set up Trusts with
other external Exchange Servers, but not sure, and if it does, it
requires the explicit cooperation of the other systems admin).

Bottom line: do NOT promise the impossible to a client just to win the
business. It is a losing proposition, as you are beginning to see...

--

Best regards,

Charles