[Dovecot] upgrade from 1.0.5 to 2.1.7

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at anup.de
Fri Jun 8 21:49:26 EEST 2012

Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> wrote:

> > ;-) I never ever built a rpm using sources since years. I always
> > build and install from the sources
>
> a good time to start again :-)
>
> i missed to tell another benefit: you have to specify every
> installed file in the %files section, so you are aware of
> changes in any folder-structure, as long it builds wtihout
> complaining with a new source-version you can be pretty sure
> all is sane
>
> this time virtualization is a real improvement
>
> * build packages outside production environment
> * provide local repos in the own LAN
> * setup testing machins with real data
> * test upgrades with real data
>
> in this life i will never ever setup a server on bare metal
> without having VMware ESXi as backend (clone, snapshots..)

I have that beast running. There was an entry in the docecot.conf
like this, created by
doveconf -n -c /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf > /home/mail1/dovecot-2.conf

protocol imap {
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/imap
  mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}
protocol pop3 {
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib/dovecot/modules/pop3
  mail_plugins = quota
  pop3_uidl_format = %08Xu%08Xv
}

I commented it out and I can retrieved mail furthermore. :-)
Now I want to install dovecot-2.1-pigeonhole-0.3.1 to get sieve
running.

Thank you everybody for the help and that great piece of software!

  Andreas