[Dovecot] 2.1.7 altmove not working

Alex Crow acrow at integrafin.co.uk
Sat Jun 9 00:25:39 EEST 2012

> BTW I need to add that even with -v -D there were no complaints from
> dovecot altmove, and nothing untoward in /var/log/maillog. I also
> forgot to specify that I'm running on Centos6.2, all updates applied,
> package was built with a combo of the spec file from ATRPMs and the
> latest source tarball.
>
> I previously had the ATRPMS 2.1.1 package installed, same issue.
>
> Please feel free to tell me if I'm doing something wrong (ie something
> has changed between 2.0 and 2.1 re ALT: storage.
>
> Cheers
>
> Alex

I don't know how I did it (I didn't change *any* config directive) but
now it magically seems to work after a reboot and umount/remount of the
ALT storage area. However I still have that dangling symlink:

lrwxrwxrwx   1 email email     54 Jun  8 22:05 dbox-alt-root ->
/home/email_archive/integrafin.co.uk/a/acrow/mailboxes

Where the target doesn't exist...

Cheers

Alex